Portraits of chess composers
Here are introduced interesting personalities of chess composition
by means of their works: worldwide known composers, Slovak composers and possibly some
- Alexander Pituk
- Nestor of Slovak chess composition. (Added 28.1.1999)
- Lev Loshinskij
- One of the best chess composers in whole history, international grandmaster. (Really added 1.2.1999)
- Theodor Tauber
- Israeli expert for fairy chess presents his own compositions. (Added 17.2.1999)
- Unto Heinonen
- Selection of 5 fairy problems of the original Finnish composer. (Added 12.3.1999)
- Cyril Opalek
- Presentation of Slovak composer, old considering his age, young considering his mind.
- Bedrich Formánek
- Presentation of Slovak composer and organizer, Honorary President of PCCC.
(Added 1.7.1999, modified 12.11.2012)
- Valentin Rudenko
- 2 threemovers and 2 fourmovers by international grandmaster.
- Reto Aschwanden
- Judge of our 3rd TT is already well known fairy composer. He introduces himself with 5 fairy twomovers.
- Karol Mlynka
- 8 problems by founder of Slovak school having a theme named after him - cyclic change of defence motives. A few errors corrected.
(Added 6.12.1999, modified 14.12.1999)
- Ludovit Lehen
- 8 problems by very successful Slovak chess composer, especially his twomovers are well known, with difficult thematical complexes.
- Branislav Djurasevic
- Young Yugoslavian composer known for his pioneer examples of cyclic change of key, threat and variation mate after constant defence and for winning one WCCT section.
- Chris J. Feather
- Master of contemporary helpmate presents selection of 7 his compositions.
- Daniel Novomesky
- Small presentation of Slovak composer just coming back to the scene.
- Daniel Novomesky 50
- Oh, yes, Daniel is already 50! And he composes better and better...
- James Quah
- A fairy chess composer specializing in the letter themes that recently visited Slovakia.
- Andrej Selivanov
- A Russian master of selfmate recently published his new book "My Chess Problems".
- Ludovit Lacny
- Perhaps the best Slovak composer - and this short sentence says much...
- Friedrich Chlubna
- Well known Austrian composer, judge and publisher died last week. Here you can look at a few his problems in various genres.
- Hrvoje Bartolovic
- A Croatian GM in composing has passed away 3.11.2005.
- Uri Avner
- An Israeli composing GM has passed away 10.6.2014.
Comments to Juraj Lörinc.
Back to main page of Chess Composition Microweb.