Spisska Borovicka - 17th theme tourney C 9.9.2005
Peter Gvozdják announces
his 17th thematical tourney Spisska Borovicka, competition for all kinds of
original problems in 2 moves (#2, =2, h#2, s#2, r=2 etc...) and showing one of the
CYCLONE themes. In addition, at least two White or Black moves
played on the same square are required.
Twins, more solutions, promoted pieces and any fairy pieces and/or conditions are allowed.
The prizes & the judge: bottle & CYCLONE & other books & Peter Gvozdják.
There are two ways of entering:
This example is the No. 1225 in the book. More than 100 other examples in CYCLONE
or newer in WinChloe, e.g. ID 82480.
- You may send the entry by e-mail to Peter Gvozdják at
In that case the entry should be received latest on August 26th.
- You may also give your problems at Chalkidiki congress personally to Mr. Formánek.
In that case he should receive your entry before Friday September 9th, 9.30 A.M.
Some other CCM examples
- #2 by Marjan Kovacevic
- shows Lacny cycle with two defences - by Q and S - on the same square and with original matrix
- #2 in No Captures with fairy pieces by Juraj Lörinc
- shows Lacny cycle with all mates by antibattery on the same square.
- #2 with paralyzing units by Peter Gvozdják & Juraj Lörinc
- shows Shedey cycle with two additional changes, 4 flights (including 2 castlings) and keys to the same square
- #2 in Anticirce by Jacques Rotenberg & Christian Poisson & Michel Caillaud
- shows complete Shedey cycle with tries to the same squares as some mates, just key units are cleared away by captures
- #2 in Ultrapatrol chess with fairy pieces by Juraj Lörinc
- shows complete 4-fold Shedey cycle with all defences on the same square and also 2 mates on the same square
Back to main page of Chess Composition Microweb.