Spisska Borovicka - 15th theme tourney C 1.8.2003
In connection with Moscow 2003 congress
Peter Gvozdják announces
his 15th thematical tourney Spisska Borovicka, competition for all kinds of
original problems in 2 moves (#2, =2, h#2, s#2, r=2 etc...) and showing one of the
CYCLONE themes, in addition, at least one move from corner
to corner is required. (The move can be done by White or Black.)
Twins, more solutions, promoted pieces and any fairy pieces and/or conditions are allowed.
The prizes & the judge: bottle & CYCLONE & other books & Peter Gvozdják.
There are two ways of entering:
Original thematical example follows, there are many examples in the book CYCLONE -
see numbers 404, 429, 501, 559, 575, 589, 590, 631, 654, 656, 781, 815, 829, 909, 950, 1000, 1091,
1133, 1148, 1305, 1583, 1589, 1598, 1659.
Also you can find some
compositions with Cyclone themes and "corner-to-corner" moves at CCM, see them below.
- You may send the entry by e-mail to Peter Gvozdják at
In that case the entry should be received latest on July 18th.
- You may also give your problems at Moscow congress personally to Mr. Formánek.
In that case he should receive your entry before Friday August 1st, 9.30 A.M.
- #2 in Circe with rookhoppers by Juraj Lörinc
- shows Kiss cycle - thematical move is one of mates Ra1xa8
- hybrid #2 ortho/Circe by Frantisek Sabol
- shows Djurasevic cycle - thematical move is the mate/threat Qh8-h1
- #2 with rook lions and paralysing units by Juraj Lörinc
- shows Ukrainian cycle - thematical move is the defence pRLa8-a1
- r#2 in Anticirce by Christian Poisson
- shows complete Kiss cycle - thematical move is the attack/solution key Bh8-a1
Back to main page of Chess Composition Microweb.