Marianka 2016 - fairy solving competition
Fairy solving competition has become a standard part of the Marianka meeting. Although always only limited
number of brave solvers participates, they tend to enjoy the experience. It was a case this year as well, when I have
intentionally decreased the difficulty of problems offered them
for solving. All of them included only fairy pieces grasshopper
and/or nightrider, and/or fairy condition Madrasi or Madrasi Rex inclusive. There were 10 problems to be solved
within time limit 77 minutes and
each of them could bring 24 points to the solver.
The results were as follows:
1. Michel Caillaud - 213 points (of 240 possible)
2. Ladislav Packa - 147 points
3. Marek Kolcak - 117 points
4. Vaclav Kotesovec - 99 points
5. Abdelaziz Onkoud - 84 points
Of the 10 problems solved during the competition, 4 were already present on the CCM:
- h#2 with grasshoppers - easy helpmate with 6 solutions solved by everyone for 24
- h#3 Madrasi with grasshoppers - difficult helpmate with 2 solution solved by no
one - the only problem not giving any points to the winner
- s#2 Madrasi Rex Inclusiv - average difficulty - 3 solvers got full points
- ser-h#12* Madrasi - fully solved only by the winner, other got small
points for set play
The other problems from the competition are given below.
Back to main page of Chess Composition Microweb.