3rd TT Pat a Mat C 31.3.2001
Redaction of Slovak journal Pat a Mat announces
its 3rd thematical tourney, formal competition for original helpmates in any number of moves having exactly 3 solutions and showing any kind of cyclic theme (cycle of moves, cyclic change of functions, ... whatever you may imagine that can be cyclic). The tourney is divided into 2 sections - 1. orthodox h#, 2. fairy h#. Any fairy pieces and/or conditions are allowed in 2nd section. Competing helpmates must have exactly 3 solutions, no twins are allowed.
Judge: Michal Dragoun.
Closing date: 31.3.2001.
Problems on diagram with the complete solution should be sent to:
Juraj Lörinc, ul. CSA 333/27, 018 41 Dubnica nad Vahom, SLOVAKIA (or by e-mail to email@example.com).
Award will be published in Pat a Mat.
Possible thematical examples:
- h#2 by Labai & Lehen showing cycle of white moves,
- h#2 Circe by Mlynka showing cycle of white moves,
- h#2 with grasshoppers by Larsson showing cyclical removal of two black pieces from third-pin line,
- h#3 by Kapros & Lois showing cyclical captures of two white units of 3 on triple-masked pin line,
- h#2 with grasshoppers and nightrider by Beugelsdijk showing cycle of pairs of black and white moves,
- h#2 with grasshoppers by Boyer showing cyclical removal of guards from mating line and cycle of white playing pieces,
- h#2 with grasshoppers and nightriders by Petkov showing cyclical change of functions of white pieces,
- h#2 by Feather showing cyclical play on 3 squares on pin., later battery line,
- h#2 by Travasoni showing cycle of black moves with single king,
- h#2 with grasshoppers and nightriders by Petkov showing cyclical dual avoidance,
- h#2 by Feather showing cyclical doubled dual avoidance.